Saturday 7 May 2016

Road Trip - Tollymore Forest Park: County Down

I love Tollymore Forest Park, I just wished I lived closer to it. Would be nice living in it too. ;)

Belfast has Cavehill County Park and Divis Mountain close by. County Down has the Mourne Mountains. C.S. Lewis was from Belfast and he loved the Mourne Mountains, and I have to admit I love the Mourne Mountains too. When reading the Chronicles of Narnia, you get the feel of the Mourne Mountains from them. He wrote "I have seen landscapes ... which, under a particular light, make me feel that at any moment a giant might raise his head over the next ridge."

Tollymore has a special place in my heart, I do admit I haven't been to Silent Valley yet so I am completely biased at this moment. You can have couple of fantastic walks through Tollymore, I've only done the River Walk for now because I love the stepping stones and I am not fit enough to do the Mountain Trail. But one day I will conquer that one too. Game of Thrones-fans: they filmed part of the series here. ;)

Instead of writing more about the beauty of this park, I'll give you the photos my dad took this time. And if you are coming over to visit me, I gladly take you to this forest park. It is such a punishment living so close to nature. XD







No comments:

Post a Comment