Sunday 7 June 2015

Derry~Londonderry 09-05-2015

While my dad was here we decided to take the train up to Derry~Londonderry. I've been here three times already, and it is one of my favourite places of Northern Ireland.

My dad with the Peace Bridge in the back


Opened in 2011, and is intended to improve relations between the unionist 'Waterside' with the nationalist 'Cityside' by improving access between these areas as part of wider regeneration plans.


Guildhall



Would it be safe to get a haircut here? ;)

The Culture Wall

Made with the 27,000 Facebook portraits for the City of Culture 2013.



Bloody Sunday Memorial


We visited the Tower Museum and found out a lot about the history of Derry~Londonderry. The city is the second-largest of Northern Ireland and the fourth largest of the island of Ireland. The name Derry is an Anglicisation of the Irish name Daire or Doire meaning "oak grove". Maybe that is why I feel a link because my home town is called the Duke's Forest. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment